tirsdag 5. juni 2007

A day in my life- Rupinder =)

A normal day in Rupinders life




My name is Rupinder Kaur and I am a 30 years old woman. I live in a house I Gamlebyen in Oslo with my friend Afshan. We live together because we don’t have enough money to buy each our house. Therefore we thought it is a good thing to live together, because it is cheaper.


A normal day in my life, I get up 07.00 a.m. I eat breakfast with Afshan and around the breakfast table we talk about what we are going to do on our work today. I live a hectic life and at 08.00 a.m. I have to leave for work, because my work starts 09.00 a.m. I work at Rikshospitalet in Gaustad as a doctor, and I get there by taking two buses everyday. I don’t have a car, I have a travel card, which I use to go everywhere.


As I said earlier I am a doctor, so I do a lot of things in the hospital every day. I treat my patients there, and I also file a lot of papers. I got the job as a doctor one year ago here in Rikshospitalet. I have studied medicine for many years and I have always looked forward to help people. It’s important to have the right qualifications to become a doctor. You have to study medicine for many years of course, go to many courses and you can only become a doctor if you can talk with your patients as a professional and try to understand their problems and then treat them. It’s also many other qualifications you need to become a doctor, but I will not write about them now.


I enjoy my work a lot, because I love to help people and treat them. I also like to give them suggestions about how they should live to be healthy. It has always been my dream to become a doctor, since I was a kid. I am sure that I will work as a doctor in my future to, because I don’t see any reason to quit this job.


On work I talk with my colleagues and I cooperate with them to do my job. I work in a huge hospital, it is after all Rikshospitalet. You see doctors in white coats everywhere and the place of my work is like other hospitals: with patients and doctors.


At 11.30 a.m. it is time for my lunch. I eat lunch with my colleagues and then we talk about patients and our work. After lunch it’s time to treat my patients again and I do other paperwork. 16.30 p.m. it’s when it is time to quit the job and go home. Often after work, I go to café with some friends and drink coffee, and I talk a lot with them. While going home, I go shopping and buy food and other home stuff. After that I go home.

I eat dinner with Afshan at 18.00 p.m. We talk about what we are going to do next day at work and also what we are going to do in the weekends. Both I and Afshan make dinner. We eat many kinds of food, but Indian/Pakistani (also Norwegian) food is what we eat most of.

After dinner we do many things. But then I like to relax a little bit. I watch TV, but we also clean the house and talk together about paying bills and other such important things.


When it is evening I watch many TV-serials and I read books. I go to bed at 22.00 p.m. but before sleeping I always read a good book, and of course a detective story. After some time I sleep, and then: good night!!


And like you see, I have much to do in a day, therefore it is a hectic life!! J

Written by Rupinder Kaur

Ingen kommentarer: